Participant Directed Services (PDS) gives Medicaid waiver members more choices in the way some Medicaid services are provided. With PDS an individual can choose who, when, how, and where non-medical services are to be provided. Individuals may hire and supervise qualified family members, friends, relatives, neighbors, agencies or others to provide needed services. If an individual is unable to direct their own services a friend or family member can be appointed as representative to assist.
- Participants must complete an assessment with a Service Advisor to determine if they are functionally eligible for the program. The determination of whether the person meets Nursing Facility Level of Care is made by QIO once we submit the assessment.
- Financial eligibility is determined through the Medicaid office. The person must complete the application for HCB waiver at the office to determine whether they are within the income guidelines for the program.
- Participants must sign a Estate Recovery form
- Participants must be over the age of 65, blind or declared disabled by Social Security.
PDS Program Income Guidelines to be under Patient Liability
$753 Having Social Security and SSI
$733 having SSI only (both monthly $)
$1967 if client has dependent spouse (minimum)
Any income beyond these amounts may result in a patient liability payment if they choose the waiver program.*
*The patient liability is determined through Medicaid, not the BRADD/AAAIL, we can only provide them with an estimate of what their patient liability may be.*
Medicaid eligible individuals may enroll in one of the following Medicaid Waiver Programs:
- Home and Community-Based (HCB) waiver provides respite, personal care and homemaking for the elderly and people with disabilities.
- Michelle P. Waiver (MPW) provides community living supports, respite, homemaker service, personal care, and attendant care.
- Traditional Home & Community Based waiver provides specialized respite, attendant care, and adult day health care from a home health agency, and adult day care center, or any combination of them.
For assistance call the Aging and Disability Resource Center at 270-782-9223 or 1-800-395-7654.